Social Worker / Senior Social Worker
About the Role
The Social Worker brings to the educational process an understanding of the psychosocial concerns of families and the influences of family, community and cultural differences as they interact with the educational process.
The social worker will conduct assessments of families’ needs, screening, counselling, support and crisis intervention, program resource / policy development, consultation / education and working in partnerships with families, community agencies and organizations and collaborates with a multidisciplinary team of teachers, other specialists / therapists to meet the needs of the children enrolled in our school and on the waiting list, and the families.
Candidates with the following knowledge and skills are highly preferred:
- Demonstrate understanding of social work areas and issues within the school/community setting
- Assess situations to determine the importance, urgency and risks, and make clear decisions which are timely and in the best interests of the organization
- Set priorities, develop a work schedule, monitor progress towards goals, and track details/data/information/activities
- Determine strategies to move the organization forward, set goals, create and implement actions plans, and evaluate the process and results
- Assess problem situations to identify causes, gather and process relevant information, generate possible solutions, and make recommendations and/or resolve the problem
- A Degree in Social Work from a recognised University
- Min of 1 year of relevant experience is preferred
- Candidate with more experience would be considered for Senior position
Minimum Educational Qualifications:
Full Time (permanent)
The positions are open in both Margaret Drive School and Yishun Park School.